ST. NICHOLAS PARISH CHURCH
Vicar.......... Reverend Carol Fisher-Bailey ................ 01964 630327
Mr. M. Green............ 01964 622146.
Mr. J. Rees......... 01964 623093
Sunday Services at 10.30a.m. or 12.00 noon.
1st, 3rd and 4th Sundays of the month. - Holy Communion.
2nd Sunday of the month. - Morning Prayer.
If there is a 5th Sunday in the month a United Benefice Service is held at one of the seven churches of the Benefice, usually at 10.30.
There may be changes to the pattern of services in the coming months. For up-to-date information from the St. Nicholas Church website click here
KEYINGHAM METHODIST CHURCH
Minister: Reverend Kathryn (Kate) Jackson.
Deacon: Peter Ogle.
Times of Services.
Sunday 10.30a.m. Family Worship.
See notices outside the Chapel or in the 3C's Cafe for special services.
HISTORY of KEYINGHAM METHODIST MOVEMENT.
Despite the rapid expansion of the Methodist movement under the leadership of John Wesley in the late 18th century, it was not until 1806 that the first Wesleyan Chapel on the south side of Waudby Garth Road, not far from the Garth, was opened. This building still stands today as a single story, pantiled roofed building of barnlike appearance. In 1848 a new Wesleyan Chapel, which survived until the 1950s, was built on the west side of Chapel Lane opposite Prospect Surgery. In 1812 a breakaway group of Wesleyan Methodists was formed. These became known as the Primitive Methodists. Primitive Methodism, appealing as it did to the poorer element of the community spread quickly through the farm workers in Holderness. In about 1823 the first Primitive Methodist Chapel was opened on the south side of the main street near the Ship on the site which is now occupied by a mock timbered building. In 1846 Primitive Methodism numbers had increased to the extent that a new Chapel, on the site of the present building in Ings Lane near the Cenotaph was built. Since this time the chapel has been modernised but the original round headed windows can still be seen on the west side of the building. Extensive renovations took place and in July 1973 the new Chapel as we see it today was opened. Primitive Methodism has always played a very strong role in the life of the people of Keyingham.